bernese mountain dog club of oregon
The Bernese Mountain Dog Club of Oregon (BMDCO) was born out of a desire to protect and support the needs of Bernese Mountain Dogs. We sponsor events, clinics and picnics where we learn, play and celebrate this great breed and traditions.
Most of all we have fun!
Download BMDCA Constitution and Bylaws (PDF).
Joining is simple.
Submit a membership form with your first year's dues - it's all online!
For information about membership structure and how meetings are run, please read our bylaws.
Club Code of Conduct
Please review our code of conduct before participating in club events.
Approved by club member vote: April 15, 2014
The name of the Club shall be: The Bernese Mountain Dog Club of Oregon.
The objectives of this club shall be:
- To do all possible to bring the natural qualities of the Bernese Mountain Dog (Berner Sennenhund) to perfection.
- To promote the appreciation and understanding of the Bernese Mountain Dog.
- To preserve the historical nature of the breed.
- To promote the quality breeding, exhibiting and general use of registered Bernese Mountain Dogs as versatile performers and as exceptional family dogs.
- To gather and disseminate accurate information about the breed to interested dog lovers.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Bernese Mountain Dogs shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience and rally trials and any event for which the Club is eligible under the Rules and Regulations of The American Kennel Club and at draft tests under the rules of the Bernese Mountain Dog Club of America (BMDCA).
- To conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, obedience and rally trials and any other event for which the Club is eligible under the Rules and Regulations of The American Kennel Club and to conduct draft tests under the rules of the Bernese Mountain Dog Club of America (BMDCA).
- To do all possible to improve the health of the breed;
- To advocate honesty and integrity in all matters concerning Bernese Mountain Dogs.
This Club shall not be conducted or operated for profit. No part of any profits or residues from dues or donation to the Club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
Bylaws shall be adopted and may from time to time be revised by the members as required to carry out these objectives.